Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Sweet Ps: A prayer of thanksgiving
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, November 19, 2010

Sweet Ps: A prayer of thanksgiving



Almighty and gracious Heavenly Father,

This Thanksgiving I come before You to praise Your Name. You remember the widows and the fatherless. You raise up the broken-hearted and the weary. You shower your blessing on everyone - even if they did not ask for it. You have given me so many gifts - a beautiful wife and child, a loving family, and the chance to do meaningful work. I thank you, Lord!

Lord, I have failed You in so many ways. I have not loved You with my whole heart. I have ignored Your wishes in order to pursue my own goals and desires. I have not loved my neighbor as much as I love myself. Forgive me for my sins, which have harmed You and others.

Lord, I ask a blessing on my family this Thanksgiving. I especially ask for you to be with my sister, who is facing the possibility of surgery for cancer. Fill her life with Your love, remind her that You are Lord of all, and that You will never abandon her.

Lord, teach me to always remember to thank You, to never forget that You love me as your child, that You sacrificed Your Son to pay for my sins. In the spirit of that love keep my lips from hasty, harsh replies. Remind me that everyone is loved by you. Keep Your Word before me every single day, that I will continue to study it and hear Your voice.

Amen.

1 comment:

Tea with Tiffany said...

Amen.

I thank God for the gift of your writing prayers. They feed my soul. May this Thanksgiving be filled with the joy of the Lord in your life and may it spill out into the lives of those around you.

Have a beautiful weekend.

Praying with you about your sister.