Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Do as they command, not as they do
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Do as they command, not as they do

Religious Left attempts to fight Federal budget cuts.

It was not that long ago that we were being told that any involvement by Christians in the political process was a prelude to a right-wing Christianist theocracy. It reminds me of the recent calls for more civility in political debate. Some of those calls that were made by those willing to engage in ugly and vile behavior if they thought it would help their political cause (see the recent fight over the budget in Wisconsin).

Jim Wallis and the rest of the Religious Left have a Constitutional right to engage in political debate - or make political prayers, for that matter. But I don't want to hear any more from him or others like him about how conservative Christians represent some sinister threat to democracy merely by voting and speaking out.

No comments: