Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Another cut at an old evil
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, June 03, 2011

Another cut at an old evil

Sorry about the title of this post. Actually, this is nothing to joke about.

In November San Francisco plans to vote on a ban on circumcision. I have no medical knowledge on the subject, so I have no opinion for or against such a ban.

But a comic book developed as part of the anti-circumcision campaign is blatantly anti-Semitic.

There is absolutely nothing coy about it: the bad guy (named Mohel) plainly resembles a Hasidic Jew. The hero in this comic book - named Foreskin Man (I am not kidding) - is a blonde Aryan.

See for yourself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw this on GB and it made me nauseated. How disrespectful to Abraham's and our covenant with our God. My oldest son and his family live in the San Francisco area, sadly.