Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Don't duck the issue
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, December 20, 2013

Don't duck the issue

OK - that's a bad pun. Pretty much everyone has heard about Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson's comments about homosexuals not entering into the Kingdom of God, and the unhinged reaction to them from certain individuals and organizations that regard themselves as "tolerant". You can read the Robertson family's response here. (Disclaimer: I have never seen Duck Dynasty).

Frankly, this is just run-of-the-mill anti-Christian bigotry that is becoming more prevalent in the US secular media. As persecution goes, it does not match what many Christians face on a daily basis worldwide. However, I do have a few questions. I wonder how many of those who were angered by Robertson's comments believe in God, heaven and hell. If they do not, then why are they enraged that Robertson is saying that homosexuals will be condemned to a hell they do not think is real by a God they say is imaginary?

American Christian, be aware. Don't think the bigots won't come after you. Don't duck the issue. Pray without ceasing. Love those who hate you, but don't lie to them and say they are doing right when they are clearly not.

1 comment:

El Cid said...

I hate to disagree but it is a great pun!