Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Update on Asia Bibi
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, March 14, 2014

Update on Asia Bibi



Asia Bibi writes to Pope Francis.

Key quote:

The Catholic Pakistani mother sentenced to death for blasphemy, has written to Pope Francis saying that only God can liberate her.

According to an article in the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines News Service (CBCP News), Asia Bibi said, "I also hope that every Christian has been able to celebrate the Christmas just past with joy. Like many other prisoners, I also celebrated the birth of the Lord in prison in Multan, here in Pakistan."

She continued by saying that "only God will be able to free me" and made a point of thanking the Renaissance Education Foundation that helped make her "dream come true" to spend Christmas with her husband and children by bringing them to Multan.

"I would have liked to be in St Peter's for Christmas to pray with you, but I trust in God's plan for me and hopefully it will be achieved next year," she told Pope Francis.

Read Asia Bibi's own words.

The online petition calling for mercy for Asia Bibi can still be found here.

For those who do not know who she is, here is the story about Asia Bibi's unjust imprisonment and death sentence for "blasphemy" against the Prophet Muhammad.

Please pray for Asia Bibi and her family.

No comments: