Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Enduring love
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Enduring love

Read the story of Violet and Floyd Hartwig, who died together hold hands after 67 years of marriage.

Key quote:

The Hartwigs died at their beloved 20-acre Easton ranch Feb. 11. Scharton and other family members, sensing that death was imminent for each one, made sure husband and wife knew they were at each other’s side.

“We pushed the hospice beds together as close together as we could and then we put their hands together so they could be holding hands,” [their daughter Donna] Scharton said. “My father died holding my mother’s hand and then my mother died five hours later.”

No comments: