Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Today's verse
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Today's verse

I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. This is the Lord's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

Psalm 118:21-23 (KJV)

If there is one thing the world loves to do, it is to judge people. We have reality shows dedicated to "voting" people off the island, out of the house, etc. If you don't have the media-approved views on politics, sexuality, marriage, and the environment, you are branded a "bigot". If you are not young and/or are overweight, the world looks down on you as being inferior.

God looks beyond the superficial things that the world believes to be of overwhelming importance and can see your heart. The world will judge the outside, but God sees the inside. Open your heart to the One who love you, not the world that demands conformity.

No comments: