Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Pray for rain
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pray for rain

Tanzania will experience severe food shortages unless the long rains start next month.

There are two main rainy seasons in Tanzania. The long rains usually begin in February/March, and are the most important for agriculture. The short rains come in October, and are important for the coffee crop in the Kilimanjaro region. No rain means no food.

Meanwhile, people living in the Manyara region are being hit by flooding. Life in the Third World is always a struggle.

Please pray for rain for the farmers of Tanzania, and for an end to the flooding in Manyara.

No comments: