Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Wave of the future?
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Monday, December 19, 2011

Wave of the future?

Massachusetts Institute of Technology will be offering free online courses starting in the spring of 2012. These courses will be offered to students both inside and outside the MIT community.

I am working towards a MS in mathematics through an online program, so this is of great interest to me. I would love to take coursework in such topics as abstract algebra, topology and complex variables. I would also be interested in any special education courses.

Like it or not, more and more college-level coursework is being offered online. In the fall of 2012 I will be teaching an online trigonometry course. Until now, this has been available only through traditional classroom instruction and "blended" courses (a mixture of classroom instruction and video conferencing).

The barriers to education are falling. So grab your computer and start learning!

(h/t: Instapundit)

No comments: