Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: The war on science - Regnerus edition
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Sunday, September 02, 2012

The war on science - Regnerus edition

The University of Texas finds no evidence of scientific misconduct against associate professor of sociology Mark Regnerus. I have written about this subject in the past.

Key quote:

"I think it's a just and wise decision, and I'm certainly pleased with it," Regnerus told the American-Statesman in an email. "It was a thorough and fair process, and conducted professionally."

Regnerus found that the adult children of gay parents reported significantly different, and often worse, life experiences than the children of married, heterosexual biological parents.

While it is good that Regnerus was cleared of wrongdoing, the damage has been done. The next time a university professor does something that annoys a homosexual activist, will he or she have to worry about having their name and reputation dragged through the mud?

Also, will there be any legal consequences for Scott Rosensweig, a "freelance writer" who leveled these false charges against Regnerus? Or is he free to re-group and try again? In the article quoted above Rosensweig didn't exactly sound contrite for his attempted smear of Regnerus.

No comments: