Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: The new civility - again
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The new civility - again

University of Rhode Island professor Erik Loomis calls for the murder of those who want elementary school teachers to be armed.

Whether or not people think arming teachers to protect their students a good idea, there is no excuse for calling for the deaths of those whom they disagree with. In the past this incident would have ended his employment with the University of Rhode Island. Unfortunately, I have a sinking feeling the death threats he made will only enhance his career. Just remember - defenders of the Second Amendment are the violent, dangerous ones. Or so the secular media wants us to believe.

For the record, with proper training I do think it is a good idea to arm teachers to protect their students. It is clear that making schools "gun-free zones" has been a deadly failure.

No comments: