Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Update on Asia Bibi
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Update on Asia Bibi



The Supreme Court of Pakistan has ended the case against Rimsha Masih, a Pakistani teenager who was accused of blasphemy. May God change the hearts of those in Pakistan's legal system to grant Asia Bibi the same reprieve.

Key quote:

World Watch Monitor reports that "though Rimsha now is legally free, Christian lawyers say she and her family have no future in Pakistan, where their lives will always remain at risk."
The online petition calling for mercy for Asia Bibi can still be found here.

For those who do not know who she is, here is the story about Asia Bibi's unjust imprisonment and death sentence for "blasphemy" against the Prophet Muhammad.

Please pray for Asia Bibi and her family.

No comments: