Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: The unsettling of "settled science"
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The unsettling of "settled science"

John Hinderaker at Powerline Blog has a good article about a new paper in Science Bulletin, which was by Christopher Monckton, Matt Briggs, David Legates and Wei-Hock Soon. Apparently, the computer models used by Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) may be overestimating the rate of global warming.

The paper can be found here.

Unfortunately I fear that the paper will eventually be withdrawn. Not because of errors in the scientists' methodology or erroneous data (so far critics have not made many inroads on disproving the paper's findings), but because the conclusions upset the global warming hotheads. "Settled science" cannot tolerate authentic science, and "deniers" must be muzzled rather than engaged.

No comments: