Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: "Blessed are the ... cellphones?"
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Saturday, September 04, 2010

"Blessed are the ... cellphones?"

Reverend Lisa Vaughn of the Anglican parish of St. Timothy (Canada) is asking her flock to bring their cellphones and other technological devices to church to receive a blessing.

Some things are beyond parody.

At any rate, I doubt that this will do much to help arrest the decline of the non-African parts of the Anglican Church. There is an old saying that goes something like, "If you try to seem too modern, you run the risk of actually appearing out of date."

Maybe the Anglican Church and other "mainline" denominations might want to give the Gospel another try. It seemed to work pretty well for a couple of millennium or so.

No comments: