Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Today's verse
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Today's verse

Finally, Jesus said:

What is God's kingdom like? What story can I use to explain it? It is like what happens when a mustard seed is planted in the ground. It is the smallest seed in all the world. But once it is planted, it grows larger than any garden plant. It even puts out branches that are big enough for birds to nest in its shade.


Mark 4:30-32 (CEV)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

To the recovering Lutheran,
I enjoyed your comment this morning on the "racist" article. No, I didn't vote for Obama either. But, I too, lived in Tanzania as a Peace Corps volunteer in Kisarawe from end of '64 to end of '66. My helper, in the first year, in time of need was Herb Hafferman. As a result, I developed a genuine respect for Lutherans, at least ones like that.
Just wanted to let you know, Ray

Recovering Lutheran said...

Ray:

Thank you for your comments! It is always good to hear from someone who has been to Tanzania.

I wonder if we are talking about the Herb Hafermann that I knew? His wife ran the Kiswahili language school in Morogoro that I attended in 1999. The last I hear about the Hafermanns is that they were preaching among the Maasai people.