Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Mathematical symbols available in HTML
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mathematical symbols available in HTML

This website has a list of mathematical symbols that should work in HTML.

Thus a simple integration problem (such as f(x) = x2) becomes:

x2 dx = x3/3 + constant


One of the things I hope to do more of with this blog is writing about mathematics, and this will help.

2 comments:

Dangerous Dan said...

I list occasionally on eBay and use fractions. I just updated a listing with the html code and the fractions look much crisper and professional.

Thanks for that link! :-)

FWIW, I'm a recovering Baptist. I went to a Methodist service 4 years ago. It happened to be their Communion Service and when the Methodist Pastor said, "To our visitors, this is not "our" table. This is the Lord's and all are welcome to come and take of it."

Wow! Offering communion to non-members!? For a Baptist like me that was heresy. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. That and some other things helped me make the decision to leave 45 yrs of being a Baptist behind me. I became a member of that Methodist Church. I haven't regretted it.

God bless ya!

Recovering Lutheran said...

You are welcome!

Unfortunately, sometimes churches tend to add their own requirements to Christian doctrines, such as what you experienced.