Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Sweet Ps: A prayer for pastors
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sweet Ps: A prayer for pastors



Almighty and gracious Heavenly Father, I come before You with thanksgiving.

Lord, I ask that you bless pastors and their families. Our adversary Satan seeks to destroy Your holy Church. Pastors and their families are under constant attack. I ask that You send Your angels to surround and protect them.

Lord, I ask that You give pastors good health, rest, and Your peace. Give them Your holy Word, that they preach only Your Truth.

Lord, there are many false prophets and teachers in the world today. They teach their own beliefs, and seek to destroy those who speak Your Truth. I ask that You expose these false prophets and teachers, that they may deceive no one.

Amen.

No comments: