Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Update on Asia Bibi
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Update on Asia Bibi



Dr. Nazir Bhatti, Chief of the Pakistan Christian Congress (PCC), called for the repeal of Pakistan's blasphemy laws. He pointed out that Christians and Muslims (as well as other religious minorities) have been the victims of these laws, which is being used by radical Muslims to enforce their ideology.

Dr. Bhatti also was concerned by the delays in Asia Bibi's appeal. For those who do not know who she is, here is the story about Asia Bibi's unjust imprisonment and death sentence for "blasphemy" against the Prophet Muhammad.

Please continue to pray for Asia Bibi and her family.

No comments: