Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Update on Asia Bibi
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Update on Asia Bibi



Asia Bibi's case remains on hold.

Key quote from the article:

According to reports, Bibi’s health is deteriorating after five months in isolation in Sheikhpura prison.

Ashiq Masih, Asia Bibi’s husband, visits her every week with their two daughters.

“Bibi is frail and can barely speaks,” he said.

“She asks me about the High Court hearing every time, and every time in disappointment I tell her that we are waiting (for) the court to take up the case. She has not lost hope and she has the faith that God will take her out of the jail.”

For those who do not know who she is, here is the story about Asia Bibi's unjust imprisonment and death sentence for "blasphemy" against the Prophet Muhammad.

Please continue to pray for Asia Bibi and her family.

No comments: