Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Sweet Ps: A plea for peace
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, October 22, 2010

Sweet Ps: A plea for peace



Almighty and gracious heavenly Father, we thank You for the many gifts that you have given us. We thank You for Your Son, Jesus Christ. We thank You for never giving up on us.

Lord, this month the people of Tanzania will go to the polls for the general election. We ask that You lift up the people of Tanzania, that You give them the wisdom to choose the candidates who will best run the country. We pray for peace in Tanzania, that the country avoid civil conflict due to the election.

Lord, we give thanks for the leaders in Tanzania. Help us to remember the words of Your Son when He said, "My kingdom is not of this world." Remind all political leaders everywhere that government is a gift from You, that serving the people is a privilege from You, and that political office is not the possession of anyone. Bless all of the candidates and their families. Bless all election workers and voters. Bless all news reporters who report on the elections.

Amen



1 comment:

Tea with Tiffany said...

Amen. We cannot stop praying for our governments. :) Thank you for joining me in prayer.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Peace!