Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Tell me what I want to hear - or I'll call you a bigot
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tell me what I want to hear - or I'll call you a bigot

Weekly Mass for gays ends in San Antonio.

Key quote:

"Our faith teaches us that the Church is a community of people, not a building," said local Dignity President Fred Anthony Garza. "So we will continue to meet in a more welcoming environment."


Aside from the Orwellian name - does anyone seriously believe that DignityUSA is doing this to promote "dignity"? - the fact that the Catholic Church was lax about enforcing its own beliefs is probably the most troubling part of this story.

One can only wonder what would happen if adulterers, racists, pedophiles, thieves, rapists and others decided to clamor for "dignity".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Sinful life styles that are being tolerated and sometimes even exalted by some churches today is disgusting to say the least!