Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Update on Asia Bibi
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, March 23, 2012

Update on Asia Bibi



CathNews interviews Anne-Isabelle Tollet, a French journalist who has written about Asia Bibi.

Key quote:

[Tollet]...told CNA that Bibi spends an average day in her cramped cell praying for her children and looking forward to the one day a week she gets to briefly see her husband.

“She prays all day long. She has never wavered in her faith fortunately, because that has enabled her to keep going,” Tollet said.

Here is the real war on women - not the self-serving partisan garbage that too many in the secular media prefer to write about.

For those who do not know who she is, here is the story about Asia Bibi's unjust imprisonment and death sentence for "blasphemy" against the Prophet Muhammad.

Please continue to pray for Asia Bibi and her family.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I'm so glad folks are still plugging away telling her story. I think of her often. May she be blessed with freedom soon that she can be an even greater source of hope to those in captivity.

Her darling children... oh that they may hold their mother free from bars!

Unknown said...

WE are so complacent in America, for those suffering for their faith, like Asia, and Yousef in Iran and others. I've been following Voice of the Martyrs emails. May many prayers arise for their safe release, in Jesus Name.