Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Confronting Adam Smith
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Confronting Adam Smith

The Chick-fil-A worker who was filmed and bullied by Adam Smith would like to meet him face to face.

Key quote:

“I appreciate that [Adam Smith] came forward, but I’m definitely interested in speaking with him,” the Tuscon, Ariz., drive-through worker--who would only give her first name, Rachel—told FoxNews.com. “I want to see if he was sincere and let him know why I handled it the way I did and not take legal action, which a lot of people told me I should do.”

“There’s no reason to drag him through the mud any more than he has been,” the polite 26-year-old added

Rachel was working the window last Wednesday when Adam Smith videotaped himself going through the drive-thru ordering only free water and espousing his disgust.

“Chick-fil-A is a hateful company,” Smith told Rachel on the video, which he originally posted on YouTube before removing it. "I don’t know how you sleep at night. This is a horrible corporation with horrible values.”

Rachel kept her composure throughout the odd exchange and wished Smith a nice day.

“I was just really concerned about him taping. I knew he was going to post it. That was my main fear,” Rachel said.

“I’m Christian and God tells us to love thy neighbor,” she added referring to how she kept the exchange polite on her end. “One of my friends saw they video and said, ‘Yep that’s Rachel and that’s the way she is.”

Thank you, Rachel, for the good example you set for us. I pray that I can always be as forgiving as you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a good example of turning the other cheek. I pray we can respond in love as Rachel did. Blessings!

Recovering Lutheran said...

Amen! I have found myself biting my tongue repeatedly during this political season. It is too easy to think earthly politics justifies any type of behavior. Rachel's example reminds me where my priorities should be.