Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Staring down the bullies - Part II
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Saturday, August 04, 2012

Staring down the bullies - Part II

Yesterday's great counter-protest at Chick-fil-A apparently did not go very well. Judge for yourself at one such protest, where protestors berated and mocked a black man who was quietly reading the Bible (h/t: Anne Sorock at Legal Insurrection):

On Wednesday, there was this ugly incident by a same-sex marriage named Adam Smith who bullied a Chick-fil-A drive-through clerk:

I am trying to figure out when such blatant hatred, bigotry and intolerance became acceptable to so many. Or why so many in the secular media are either willing to ignore it or excuse it.

A note of thanks goes to Anne Sorock of Legal Insurrection, who showed great courage in the face of such ugly hate and bigotry.

No comments: