Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Witness to the faith: Fathima Rifqa Bary
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Witness to the faith: Fathima Rifqa Bary

Fathima Rifqa Bary, a Muslim teenager who converted to Christianity, turns 18 years old today. She had been fighting a protracted legal battle to avoid being returned to her parent's custody against her will.

Rifqa Bary said she feared she would be killed by members of her family after she became a Christian. Given the case of Amina and Sarah Said, and the death of Aasiya Hassan, her concerns are not unwarranted.

Fathima also is suffering uterine cancer, and still faces a complicated legal situation because of her immigration status. Please pray for her and all other Christians fleeing persecution and death.