Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: A prayer for my family
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, October 29, 2010

A prayer for my family



Almighty and gracious Heavenly Father, I come before You with thanksgiving. I thank You for my beautiful wife and our son. I thank You for all the members of my family - my mother, my mother-in-law, brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins. Keep all of them in Your care.

Lord, it is not possible to give You enough thanks for all of the blessings in our lives. I thank You for the opportunity to teach. I thank You for my wife's opportunity to attend college. We thank You for the wonderful special education programs and its teachers who take such excellent care of our son.

Lord, in these days when we are so busy with our activities, help us to remember these blessings. Remind us that our place in Heaven awaits us, and all the work we do on the Earth will not be what gets us there. Rather, it is the sacrifice of Your Son, Jesus Christ, that has reconciled us to You.

Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear brother in Christ,

I wish you had your email available so I could reply to you without having to make this unrelated comment.

I just wanted to thank you for the comment you made on my "It's time for a change" post. I agree with you 100% and I thank the Lord for your words of wisdom.

I get several hundred Christians and non Christians from all over the world read my blog everyday. I have chosen to have a forum that allows people to comment on my posts (as long as they don't use any bad language) and state their opinions whether I agree with them or not.

I have many articulate Christian bloggers who for some reason or another like to comment on my posts. It is comments like theirs and yours that makes all the time I spend on my blog worth while. God bless you and thanks again ~Ron

If you what to respond to me my email is:

ronj1946@gmail.com

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Amen!
The Lord is our Savior, Hope and the best friend.

Tea with Tiffany said...

I love your last line in prayer. Amen. It's always important that we pray for our loved ones. It's a blessing to watch God change hearts.

Thank you for joining me again in prayer. It seems that my Sweet P's isn't catching on like I had hoped. Not for my sake, but for His sake. Prayer is key. I hope and pray that people are praying on their own and not putting prayer on the back burner. :)

I will be faithful to continue to offer mine up on Fridays as long as God leads me to. With or without praying bloggers.

May the Lord bless you this weekend with joy to overflowing.

Peace,
tiffany