Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Sweet Ps: A prayer for the midpoint of the semester
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, October 15, 2010

Sweet Ps: A prayer for the midpoint of the semester



Almighty and gracious Heavenly Father,I thank you for the successful completion of the first half of the semester.

Lord, I have learned many things in these two months. Help me to remember that my students are struggling with this material, just I struggled with it so many years ago.

Lord, protect my students from accident, violence, and other dangers in their lives. Please bless their parents, grandparents, and all who love and care for them.

Lord, I thank you for my colleagues. I thank you for their kindness and patience in helping me.

Lord, I thank you for my family. Please bless my wife as she works towards completing her degree. Please watch over our son as he attends school.

Amen.


1 comment:

Tea with Tiffany said...

Amen.

Thank you for teaching so much. Your willingness to equip others with knowledge is life giving. I appreciate your heart and service to students. I spent 3 hours last night with a college student and 6 hours today with a high school student. I love the heart of youth. They teach and inspire me to really live.
God bless you and your precious family!