Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Government-approved religion
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Government-approved religion

The British government is preparing to argue before the European Court of Human Rights that Christians do not have the right to wear a cross. The case involves two British women who are suing for the right to wear crosses at work.

Key quote:

A document seen by The Sunday Telegraph discloses that [British] ministers will argue that because it is not a “requirement” of the Christian faith, employers can ban the wearing of the cross and sack workers who insist on doing so.

So now the British government will determine which activity is Christian and which is not. Can ordering Christians to accept certain religious ideas while rejecting others be far behind? Talk about theocracy!

No comments: