Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Come home
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Monday, May 05, 2014

Come home

Gene Robinson, the Episcopal Church's openly gay bishop, is divorcing his husband Mark Andrew (h/t: Don Surber). This comes after he divorced his wife of 14 years to marry Andrew.

I have a plea to those who remain in the Episcopal Church: there is still time to escape from false prophets and teachers such as Robinson who have laid waste to your denomination. Free yourselves those who selfishly seek only their own gratification and glory, and return to the One who truly loves you.

God is not proud; He stoops to conquer. There is no sin that you have committed that He will not forgive.

But to claim the rescue God has sent to you - a rescue bought through the precious blood of Jesus - you must be willing to let go of the past. Will you do it?

It's time to come home.

No comments: