Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Update on Asia Bibi
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Update on Asia Bibi



Mission Network News reports that Asia Bibi has another court date set.

Key quote:

After spending four and a half years in prison, Asia Bibi finally has a court hearing.

In June of 2009, Asia Bibi was accused and sentenced to death after being falsely accused of blasphemy. Since then, the court has delayed the case four times.

Asia’s first hearing of the appeal process is set for early spring, May 27.

Read Asia Bibi's own words.

The online petition calling for mercy for Asia Bibi can still be found here.

For those who do not know who she is, here is the story about Asia Bibi's unjust imprisonment and death sentence for "blasphemy" against the Prophet Muhammad.

Please pray for Asia Bibi and her family.

No comments: