Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Mariam Yahia Ibrahim Ishag
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Mariam Yahia Ibrahim Ishag

Fox News reports Marian Ishag may soon be freed.

Key quote:

The Sudanese woman sentenced to death earlier this month after refusing to renounce her Christian faith will reportedly be freed in the next few days.

A foreign ministry official told the BBC that Meriam Ibrahim, 27, is guaranteed religious freedom in the country, despite a judge's earlier ruling that she should be hanged for apostasy.

Ibrahim gave birth to a girl early Tuesday at a prison clinic in Omdurman, near Khartoum, one of her attorneys told FoxNews.com by phone.

Remember that Mariam's 20-month-old son (shown below with one of the guards) is also in prison with her.

Please pray for Mariam and her family.

No comments: