Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Leave God out of it
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, August 06, 2010

Leave God out of it

Over at RealClearPolitics.com, Tom Bevan has a plea: politicians should stop using God.

Amen to that! Maybe it is time for Christians to give up the notion that God wants prayer in public schools, or supports campaign finance reform, or supports immigration reform, or supports universal health care, or opposes the Iraq War, or wants the Ten Commandments displayed in public buildings, or opposes/supports tax cuts, or a host of other narrow partisan issues. Too many Christians have tried to forcibly enlist God on their side in political arguments (I am looking at you, Jim Wallis and Pat Robertson!).

Are you listening ELCA?