Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Sweet P's
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, August 06, 2010

Sweet P's

(There is an interesting meme over at Tea With Tiffany, which I urge you to check out.)



Almighty and gracious Heavenly Father,

I thank you, Lord of Life, for the many blessings that You have given me. I thank You for my beautiful wife, who is the rock of my life. I thank You for our son, who who is our pride and joy.

I thank You for the chance to be a teacher. I thank You for my students who have taught me so much. I thank you for my wonderful colleagues.

I thank You for the many friends and family in my life. I thank You for the chance to serve you in the countries of Tanzania and America.

Lord of Life, I place my fears and concerns in Your care. Help me to remember that Your burden is easy, and Your yoke is light.

Lord of Life, we thank You for the many faithful witnesses to Your Truth. I especially thank You for Tiffany and her Sweet P's project, and I ask that You bless her family and the works of her hands.

Almighty God, these are troubling times. For all Christians everywhere I ask that You send an army of Your angels to surround, protect and comfort them. Bless those who do Your work, comfort those who mourn, strengthen those who doubt, and guide those who are earnestly seeking You.

Almighty God, the Church is in turmoil and filled with pain. I ask that You change the hearts of those who have used their official positions in the Church to exploit or steal, and that You comfort those who have been hurt by those leaders. I ask that You remove from power the false teachers and prophets who preach their own truth instead of Your Truth.

Gracious Father, I pray for the political leaders of America and other nations. I ask that you bless US President Barack Obama and his family, the Members of the House of Representatives and the Senate, Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete and his family, and the Members of the Parliament of Tanzania.

Above all, help me to remember that it is Your will, and not mine, that must be the center of my life.

Amen