Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Witness to the faith: Julea Ward
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Witness to the faith: Julea Ward

Julea Ward, a graduate student studying counseling at Eastern Michigan University, was dismissed from the program for refusing to renounce her Christian beliefs on homosexuality.

At public universities the US is slowly moving towards a religious litmus test for admission and graduation. Students like Julea who do not adhere to state-approved religious beliefs will be punished. It is ironic that many of the same individuls who denounce the tactics of Senator Joe McCarthy are either silent in cases like this, or actively support this type of persecution.

Please pray for Christians everywhere who are the victims of state-sponsored persecution.