Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: A prayer for the new semester
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, January 21, 2011

A prayer for the new semester



Almighty and gracious Heavenly Father, I come before You with thanksgiving.

I thank You for the opportunity to teach.

I thank You for my wonderful colleagues, and for the fine service that they do.

I thank You for my students, and for their eagerness to learn.

I thank You for the college administration and the staff, who do so many thankless jobs they never get credit for.

May You bless all of them and their families. I ask for a special blessing on the families of my students. They have sacrificed so much so their children can attend school.

Lord, You know there are so many dangers in the world. Keep everyone at our school safe from harm. Send an army of your angels to protect them from illness and accidents. Remind students that learning is a privilege that is not to be wasted.

Amen.

1 comment:

Tea with Tiffany said...

Father God, You are God. We are not. What a gift we have knowing You as Lord. Thank You. Thank You for praying teachers. Thank You for students all over the world. May they grow in knowledge and understanding and may they use that knowledge and understanding to be a blessing to others. Thank You for Your watchful eye and care on Your children. What a privilege it is to be adopted into such royalty. Such a gift of Your grace. Thank You. In Jesus name, Amen