Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Sweet P's: A prayer for our marriage
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sweet P's: A prayer for our marriage



Almighty and gracious Heavenly Father,

I thank you for my wife, F., and for our son, J.

This Monday, on the seventh anniversary of our marriage, You will remind me of another one of Your astounding miricles. Who would have ever believed, at the ripe old age of 42, I would find myself being married to a wonderful woman? I can understand why Sarah laughed when she heard the news that she would give birth after so many years.

I ask that you bless my wife and our son. Keep watch over my wife as she finishes her degree. Send an army of your angels to protect and defend her. Keep her and her family in Tanzania safe from all harm.

Lord, I ask that you continue to bless our marriage. Defend it from the evil forces that seek to isolate Your children through infidelity, lies, and the cares of this world. Remind me every day to show my family that I love them. Refresh in my mind every single day the vows that I made:


Mungu akasems, Si vema mtu awe peke yake, nitamfanyia msaidizi wa kufanana naye. Kwa hiyo aliwaumba mtu mume na mtu mke, akasema, kwa sababu hiyo mtu atamwacha babaye na mamaye, ataambatana na mkewe; na hao wawili watakuwa mwili mmoja. Hata wamekuwa si wawili tena, bali mwili mmoja.

(The Lord said, It is not good for a man to be alone, I will make for him a helper who is like him. Therefore He made them husband and wife, saying, for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and cling to his wife; and their bodies will become one. They will never again be two, but only one.)


Thank you again, Lord, for my family. Amen.

_____________________________

Below is a picture taken on our wedding day. The Tanzanian pastor who married us is Joel Nangole.



Here is a closeup of my wife during the payers:




1 comment:

Lily said...

Beautiful! Happy Anniversary to you and many blessings for your wife, and son. May God bless and keep her family safe.
~Lily
www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com