Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Sweet P's: A prayer of thanksgiving
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, September 03, 2010

Sweet P's: A prayer of thanksgiving



Almighty and gracious Heavenly Father, I come before You today with thanksgiving.

I give You thanks for the good health of everyone in our family. I give You thanks for my beautiful wife F., and I ask that You continue to bless and strengthen our marriage. I also thank You for my wife's chance to study for her degree. I give You thanks for our beautiful son J. Please sent an army of Your angels to protect and accompany him. I give You thanks for the opportunity to teach, and I ask that You bless my students.

Lord, there are many who are suffering today. They lack food, water, the chance to work, and hope. Lord, I know their pain since I, too, have been without those things. You are able to remove all obstacles, bring the high places low, and elevate the weak and helpless. Fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.

Lord, those who read these prayers have terrible struggles of their own. Raise these people up, strengthen them, guide them, and restore their souls. There is nothing that You cannot do! You are the only True God!

Amen.



7 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you for praying.

MTJ said...

Hi RL,

I say, Amen to your prayer of thankgiving and petition to our God.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Lily said...

Joining you in prayer. There are so many in need. Please pray that we do not lose our house.
~Lily
www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

Jan Parrish said...

This really ministered to me this morning. Have a blessed weekend.

Peggy said...

Blessings RL...

Beautiful thankful heart! Praying along side you! What a precious heart for your students & those suffering!
(amen) to each petition...

Thank you for sharing your prayer so we can pray with you!

Peggy said...

Blessings RL...

Beautiful thankful heart! Praying along side you! What a precious heart for your students & those suffering!
(amen) to each petition...

Thank you for sharing your prayer so we can pray with you!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Amen. I am agreeing with you today. Late, yes, but still believing with you..

It was a wild and crazy ride of a weekend for me. Please forgive me for stopping by late. I hope to be on a better schedule for future weekends.

Thank you for praying along with all of us.

May God bless your week.

Peace,
t