Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Will you pray for a restricted nation?
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Will you pray for a restricted nation?

Over at Christian Persecution Blog there is a call for prayers for those living in restricted nations. These are countries where Christians are harassed, beaten, deprived of property and human rights, raped, imprisoned unjustly for their faith, and murdered.

I will be praying for the African nation of Eritrea. Here is a brief description (to read more you will need to click on Eritrea):

Eritrea has been devastated by war and drought. With independence in 1993, hopes were high that Eritrea could become a model democracy for Africa. Today those dreams lie in tatters. The Marxist government imprisons tens of thousands of citizens, tortures at will, and pursues a systematic policy to eradicate evangelical Christians and churches. Thousands have fled as refugees into neighboring Ethiopia and Sudan. Up to 500 Eritreans leave their country every week to escape this oppressive military state.


Will you join me in spending a month praying for Christians living in one of these countries?

No comments: