Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: A prayer for my sister
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, November 26, 2010

A prayer for my sister



Almighty and gracious Heavenly Father,

I come before You with thanksgiving. I thank you for my beautiful wife, and for our son. I thank You for my family in Tanzania and in the United States. I thank You for my students and colleagues, and for the chance to serve as a teacher.

Lord, You know that my sister will soon undergo surgery for cancer. I could see in her eyes and hear in her voice just how frightened she is. I ask that You heal her of this terrible affliction, and that You send an army of Your angels to surround her and comfort her. I ask that You restore her faith in You, and to once again call You Lord.

Lord, I also ask that You be with my sister's husband and their two children. I ask that You be with them and help to give my sister the strength she will need.

Amen.

1 comment:

Tea with Tiffany said...

Father God in heaven, please comfort your precious daughter during this time. Comfort her family too. Send Your perfect peace. I pray for complete healing and no more cancer for this sweet woman. Allow the upcoming treatment to be effective in eliminating all ugly cancer cells. Help her rest in Your hiding place, may the shelter of the Most High God be her strength and shield. Guard her heart from discouragement and anxiety. Bring Your love to her in a tangible way so that she will know You are with her and that You love her more than she can imagine. Be Jehovah-Rapha, the Lord who heals. Bless her right now in Jesus name. Amen.