Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: You might be a Christian if ...
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, November 26, 2010

You might be a Christian if ...

... you are fat. At least, that is the conclusion reached by Tim Covell, the author of Born Atheist.

There is not much that can be said in response to Mr. Covell's "research", except that the secular media appears not to be particularly fussy about accuracy when it comes to Christians. Imagine the reaction by the secular media if some Christian made claims that research "proved" blacks smell funny, or Hispanics are dumb in school, or that homosexuals are ugly. At the very least, it is unlikely that the Denver Post would be willing to give them a platform the way they did for Mr. Covell to flog his book.

Atheism was once a well-reasoned, intellectual philosophy. Now it seems to be mostly concerned with "de-baptisms" and pushing crude stereotypes. If I were still an atheist, I would be embarrassed.

No comments: