Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: "You can't possibly believe THAT!"
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

"You can't possibly believe THAT!"

That is the reaction I sometimes get when I mention the fact that I am both a mathematician and a Christian. It is as if I have confessed to cannibalism or some other horrible social ill.

It is interesting to note that often the strongest proponents of the belief that science has disproven the existence of God are those whose own scientific knowledge is minimal or even non-existent. Often these individuals quote from Time, Newsweek, or - God spare us! - Scientific American without any apparent sense of irony that they are relying on people who may know less about science than they do. Talk about the blind leading the blind!

Here is an interesting list of famous scientists who believed in God.

No comments: