Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Sweet Ps: A prayer for forgiveness
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, November 05, 2010

Sweet Ps: A prayer for forgiveness



Almighty and gracious Heavenly Father, I come before you with thanksgiving. I thank you for my beautiful wife and our son. I thank you for our families, for the chance to work, and for the many wonderful friends we have.

Lord, help me to remember that it is against You and You alone that I have done wrong. I have not loved You with my whole heart. I have not loved those in my life as much as I have loved myself. I have pursued my own interests, neglected You, and in doing so broken Your heart.

Yet by the blood of Your innocent Son Jesus Christ I have been washed clean. My sins against You have been erased, and I have been reconciled to you. By Your love I am Your son again.

Lord, keep my lips from hasty and harsh words. Keep me focused on the duties Ypu have set before me. Show me the paths You want for me to walk in. Send an army of your angels to accompany me and protect me. Help me to focus and meditate on Your Word.

Amen.

1 comment:

Tea with Tiffany said...

Amen.

It's true we have sinned against our God. Daily. There is hope for us because of Christ's love and sacrifice for all. I rest my head there. On the truth of His redemption and forgiveness.

If not, who could stand? Not I.

Thank you for joining me again this week. I appreciate your prayers. They speak to my heart.