Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Sweet Ps: A prayer for final exams
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, December 10, 2010

Sweet Ps: A prayer for final exams





Almighty and gracious Heavenly Father, I come before you with thanksgiving.

Lord, you know that my students and my colleagues are tired and ready to rest. At this time of year, grant them good health and safe travel. Keep them safe from harm, and grant them the opportunity to return in the spring.

Lord, I ask a special blessing on the family and loved ones of our students. They have worked very hard and made many sacrifices in order to give these students the chance to attend school. Given them the strength and patience to counsel and guide these students.

Lord, I thank you for my family. They have been so patient and loving in dealing with my absences from home. I especially thank you for my wife, who has had to shoulder so many responsibilities herself, including her own schoolwork.

Amen.


2 comments:

Theresa Bruno said...

Good luck on your finals!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Amen

Both my kids are doing final exams this week..It's a tough one right before we start Christmas break, but one we will all be relieved with when it's over.

I love knowing you pray for students. What a gift you are.

God bless you and your sweet family.