Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Update on Asia Bibi
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Update on Asia Bibi

There have been a number of events recently relating to Asia Bibi's plight:

  • Demonstrators both against and for her release have been marching in Lahore over Christmas.
  • The Pakistan Christian Post was hacked by Muslims.
  • An organization called Citizens for Democracy (which includes social organizations, lawyers and labor unions) is seeking changes in Pakistan's blasphemy laws.

    Also, Raza Anjum, Muslim city Councillor from Saffron-Walden, plans to meet Pakistan’s Prime Minister to call for Asia Bibi's release and for the Pakistani government to do more to protect the rights of Christians.

    Please continue to pray for Asia Bibi and her family.
  • No comments: