Musings of a Recovering Lutheran: Sweet Ps
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)

Friday, December 03, 2010

Sweet Ps




Almighty and Gracious Heavenly Father, I come before You with thanksgiving.

I thank You for the wonderful and welcome report on my sister's cancer operation. I thank You Lord for Your love and protection, and for the comfort that You showed to her.

I thank You for my students and colleagues, and for the chance to teach.

I thank You for my beautiful wife, and our wonderful son.

I thank You for good health, and for the chance to use it to serve You.

I thank You for my brother and his family, for my mother, and for all in my family in the United States. I thank You for my family and friends in Tanzania.

Lord, I thank You for the peaceful elections in Tanzania and the United States. Please bless all of the candidates and their families. Help them to always remember that service in government is a privilege from You and not a right.

Lord, there are so many that are suffering persecution right now. Especially I lift up to You our sister in Christ, Asia Bibi. Send your angels to comfort and guard her. As you did with the apostle Paul, soften the hearts of those who would seek her death.

Lord, there are many who are suffering from job loss or the threat of job loss. Give them hope and courage. Open every door and remove every barrier. Heal the souls of those who dispair, and give light to those who feel consumed by darkness.

Amen.


1 comment:

Tea with Tiffany said...

I can't believe I forgot to comment here. I read your prayer last weekend from my iPod and I thought I'd remember to come back. I didn't.

Please know I agreed with you in prayer. Always appreciate reading your prayers. Thank you for sharing your sweet p's.

Peace and Merry Christmas!